Montreal, Tuesday, October 3, 2017 — It’s Halloweeeeeen (soon)! On Monday, November 13 at 8 p.m., the legendary director and “Master of Horror” John Carpenter will be visiting MTELUS as part of his Anthology Tour, Movie Themes 1974–1998. It is behind his keyboard and with 5 musicians that we will find him on stage. Tickets for this concert of the Jazz All-Year Round series presented by TD and the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal are already on sale.
Legendary director of a dozen cult classics, Carpenter also composes most of the music for his films. The minimalist, hypnotic aural ambience of Halloween, Christine, Jack Burton, Escape From New York and Assault on Precinct 13 is as indelible as the visual signature: timeless pieces that Carpenter brings to the stage in an anthology of his greatest work, all of it accompanied by projections that plunge us into the dark heart of the genius of the “Master of Horror”.
Tickets already on sale
Some tickets still remain for these concerts:
- Martin Goyette — October 13, 8 p.m., L’Astral
- GoGo Penguin — October 23, 8 p.m., Gesù
- Tami Neilson — October 25, 8 p.m., Club Soda
- Hauschka — October 26, 8 p.m., Gesù
- Piers Faccini — October 29, 8 p.m., L’Astral
- Diana Krall, Turn Up The Quiet Tour — November 29 and 30, 8 p.m., Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier, PdA
- Valerie June — February 9, 8 p.m., Gesù
- José González — February 10, 8 p.m., Monument-National
- Nils Frahm — March 22, 8 p.m., MTELUS
Get the jump on the crowd with the Spectra Newsletter and have the scoop on everything about the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal and the Jazz All-Year Round series emailed right to your inbox. All the latest news, exclusive pre-sales, discounts … and it’s all free!
A non-profit organization, the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal is pursuing its mission of disseminating and developing jazz and its musical cousins for the 17th year in a row, by reinvesting its potential surpluses in the presentation of special concerts at its Jazz All-Year Round series. With support from Canadian Heritage, it can thus offer Canadians and visitors to the city the chance to experience the rhythms of jazz all-year round!
— 30 —